Phishing is a scam that attempts to lure you into providing personal information so that it can be used to steal your identity. If a phone call seems suspicious, hang up and call the company back using a telephone number you have for them (NOT a number the caller gives you) to check whether it is a legitimate inquiry. If an e-mail looks suspicious or is from an unknown source, do not click on any links, provide any information or open any attachments.
Please be aware, Memphis Municipal Employees FCU DOES NOT send text messages asking for you to reply or to call a specific number. If you should ever receive a message like this, do not respond to the number in the text and contact the credit union 901-528-2816 Ext 207 to report it. Your security is our top priority.
What to Watch Out For:
• Required personal and confidential information, including SSN, account number(s), login ID numbers, etc.
• Threaten to close or suspend your account(s).
• States that your account has been compromised and you need to confirm your information.
• Asks you to enter an account access code or personal password.
What to Do If You're a Victim:
• Change your Account Access password from an uninfected PC.
• Ensure that you have a current firewall, anti-virus software and spyware detection software installed on your PC.
• Run a virus scan on your PC, and clean up any viruses or Trojans that are detected.
• Change your Account Access password.
LOCATION AND HOURS
577 Dr. Martin Luther King Ave
Memphis, TN 38126-2205
Mon-Thurs: 8:30 am - 5 pm
Fri: 8:30 am - 6 pm
Drive-thru open Saturdays from 9 am - 1 pm
Phone: (901) 528-2816
Fax: (901) 528-2824
ROUTING NUMBER: 284084842
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
© COPYRIGHT 2020. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.